Thursday, March 19, 2009

Getting Less Costing More

It seems to me everything is getting less and costing more. Frozen diners are where I notice it most. The ones that used to be full to the brim of ingredients are now so watered down you almost have to use a spoon to eat them. My favorite cereal bar is now smaller and has more calories. That upset me so much, I took the before and after wrappers and wrote the company a nasty letter. I never sent it. Now I wish I had. I might have gotten a case of them from the company.

Probably the only company who increases their ingredients are the cigarette companies. I don’t know this for sure, I don’t smoke anymore, but it makes sense. Keep ‘em addicted. But that’s another subject.

2 comments:

  1. You are so right, we certainly pay more for less these days. I've noticed it with many of the products we use but, I haven't analyzed it as thoroughly as you have. The first thing that comes to mind,is that there are hardly any chips or cookies in a bag anymore. Seems deceptive to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this the truth! Very deceptive. I've noticed the higher prices and smaller portions as well. Great blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete