Saturday, October 17, 2009

Stop Obsessing



I've been so caught up in what's going on in the world, I haven't had time to blog. With the state of the country, the Congress running amok on health care, our economy being flushed, and our troops being all but ignored, I haven't been able to concentrate on my writing. Every time I plan to sit down and work on my novel, I can't resist the impulse to go out and see what's going on in the world. I'm obsessed. It happens to me every now and again. No, that's not true, it's a state of mind for me.

But, I swear, tomorrow I'll work on my book for, at least, two hours first thing. The world can just fall apart, I'll be working on my writing. Really.
Bookmark and Share
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Ignore the world, write that best seller! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about this craziness that's taking place - I set up a Twitter account as a means to jump into the political debate. It has killed (w/ a capital "illed") my writing of late, just another case of learing dicipline I suppose. Good luck with your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great site, keep writing, there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just went through this. I was loving every minute of it too but now I am back on the writing grind and I know you will be too. I love your posts and no doubt your book will be a great one. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i write my book for 2 years already and always have no time to finish it. what does it mean? that i am not really interested in finishing it ASAP... I wish you good luck with your writing!

    http://masterofword-masterofword.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll get it done. Just tell yourself the news can wait, and will be more exciting later after you're done writing. I know, hard to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. writing is something totally realted to your inner..its really does not ahve to do with the world around.....ewven if you are writing about prevailing social problem..you will have to muse upon them by using the colors of your very personal logics.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. What you see from most news sources is skewered - they either exaggerate for effect, or they are in a bubble and are caught up with their anxieties and project those anxieties onto us. And then you have the lovely people who think yelling past each other is how you debate issues (and wonder why nothing gets done). See Screamers lack the art of persuasion - CharlotteObserver.com for a great article on this. It is the minority that yells at us, and filters the news we see (but of course they like to present themselves as the majority). I don't know if that helps. Channel that energy into writing - the yelling heads on the TV don't deserve your energy.

    ReplyDelete