- Use short sentences
- Put each action into it's own paragraph unless it's just a one liner (I got conflicting stories on this. It's up to the writer)
- Don't choreograph it, you tend to distance your character and leave the reader uninvolved.
- Use realistic, sequential, logical moves
- Use imaginative verbs(Of course)
- Experience the fight through a character's pov, preferably your MC. He's the one the reader identifies with.
- Follow an action with a reaction. Don't put the horse before the cart
- Get the pov character emotionally involved.
Now it's your turn. Add to the list. I can use a lot of suggestions in my rewrite.