Saturday, May 2, 2009

Did you miss me?


I've got a lot to say. I've been between Hood River, Oregon and Portland, Oregon all week. No small feat since I live in Omaha. So most of my family and some of my husband's family was involved in moving my mother out of her home. She's in assisted living now and was anxious to get the place sold, But we got it cleaned out in three days and turned it over to the new owners. Good job to us.

My husband's family, mostly, live in Portland. It's always fun getting together with them and we make a point of trying to connect with everyone while we're there. It leaves little time for us; however, because we're always on the go. So we were looking forward, not to the very long flight home, but to getting home and sleeping in our own bed. As everyone knows, there is no place like home.

We won't be going home tonight after all. The plane was late which would cause us to miss our connecting flight. It's not so bad. The airlines put us up in a motel near the airport and gave us a coupon to eat on them at Sheri's. So they dumped us in the middle of nowhere, where nothing is, and no way to get there. We took a walk. Across eight lane roads and around long blocks. We hit pay-dirt when we found a Plaid Pantry. Woo-hoo, we bought a bottle of wine and some chips. That and wireless internet service, who could ask for anything more. Tomorrow night, if all goes well, we'll be sleeping in our wonderful bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment